The Leader is confident not only that he or she can tell the Story, but that he or she is excited about telling it.
It is critical that the Leader within the Entrepreneur, or in service to the Entrepreneur for whom he or she has elected to lead, must agree with the Entrepreneur’s ideas. And to agree with them, he or she must be interested in them, pursue an understanding of them, and then commit himself or herself to them in fulfillment of his or her accountabilities.
Following are Ten Beliefs and Ten Standards essential for the Leader.
1. Lead with Purpose; commit yourself to your Mission.
2. Once committed, never alter your commitment until you have achieved it.
3. Create clear operating standards, and live by them.
4. Create clear operating results, and commit to them.
5. Surround yourself with people who believe in your Mission.
6. Surround yourself with people who are committed to your Mission.
7. Surround yourself with people who believe in your standards.
8. Surround yourself with people who are committed to your standards.
9. Surround yourself with people who are committed to your results.
10. Surround yourself with people who are faithful to their commitments.
CEO and Founder of the Discovery Centre for Entrepreneurship Inc.